Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Celebrate the 25th!

I was having a hard time thinking of ideas for a Christmas gift for my husband. What do you get a man who has everything? I then had a brainwave....what about giving him date nights? Hmmmm, maybe this is more for me than him, but I still decided it was a great idea. I wondered about a way to do it. Then the thought hit me. We were married on the 25th and Christmas comes on the 25th so ... tah dah! … perfect! We’ll celebrate the 25th.



I remembered I had a couple of these plastic boxes that paper from Creative Memories had come in. I was going to throw them out, but then thought maybe I could use them for something. When we were packing to move I almost threw them out once again, saying to myself, well I haven’t used these yet so, I’d better toss the. But then the thought, ‘No, they are perfect for something’. Seriously, I am not a pack rat but in some things maybe I am. ;) Anyhow I moved the little boxes with us and I’m glad I did. All of a sudden, I thought this is the moment that these boxes have been waiting for.

I slipped some envelopes into them and they fit perfectly. :) So I decorated each one of them. I went to websites to find restaurants in town that we have either never eaten at or haven’t been to since we moved from ON in 2003. I copied and pasted their logos and printed them off, then cut the 8.5x11 sheet into business card sizes and put one in each of the envelopes and sealed them.

On Christmas Day, he unwrapped his gift of this decorated box. Now on the 25th of every month he opens an envelope which will tell us where we are going to go for a date that night. Celebrating the 25th is a gift that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment