Thursday, February 2, 2012

Announce It! #1

Announce It! Creatively

When I was pregnant with our first baby, I got the brain wave to create a birth announcement. Everyone, in those days, put an announcement in the local newspaper, but I wanted something more. Something personal and creative to mail out to our family and friends announcing our newborn. I came up with this:




I purchased some blank stationary cards.



Now remember in those days, I handed typed every single announcement on a typewriter that did not have an erase feature. Now that I have referred to 1979 as `in those days`, I do remember it as being the most exciting day in my life - a baby girl. Motherhood was a delight and I was back in my jeans by my 6 week check-up. She has provided us with love, music, laughter and delight all these years...well except for her messy room despite my efforts to train her. She has grown into a wonderful godly woman, wife and mother. Happy Birthday to our Darby girl! Read about her crazy life @ darbyjane.blogspot.com.

Throughout 2012, I will share with you all the birth announcements that I did for our children. Oh, how I wish I had had the resources of digital software and graphics at my fingertips! Now you might laugh, but I didn't have enough children to use up all my ideas. I'll be posting those here as well. So if you would like me to design one for you or you would like to purchase one of the ones I already have created just email me at thekennedyklan at gmail dot com.


1 comment:

  1. This is WAY better than digital graphics. I *love* it! You are so talented. What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete